Re: filmscanners: Scanner calibration for old dyes!

>> How shall I than calibrated and match my color for those kind of old
>> images, considering the fact that I do not want really to provide
>> accurate color restoration, BUT scan and maintain the color hue and
>> color value of those old images close to as they are today???

Try disabling the colour management system (including the ICC profile) and
allow the scanner software to reproduce the image in its raw/native form.
The prescan or preview scan should be sufficient for you to tell if IT8 is
the culprit. If the new preview looks closer to what you want then this is
your best workflow for such images.

Ian Lyons
http://www.computer-darkroom.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.